Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

I have found through the years, my whole perspective of Christmas has changed. As a child, the gifts were always such a huge part, not only getting stuff, but the giving, I remember shopping for my brothers and sisters, and how excited I was to give them what i had found, just for them. In high school, i remember a family of a good friend of mine that really needed help, especially at Christmas, so we as a girls cross-country team would make ornaments, and sell them to raise money to buy gifts for that family. I remember going with my dad to take a Christmas tree to them and seeing how excited they were. Nothing felt so good as it did to take them Christmas leave it on their porch, ring and run, then hide in some bushes across the street and see the looks on their faces, and the tears coming from their mom.

Now as a mom and grandma, I love to see the joy on the faces of my family as they open their gifts, but even more than that, the fun they have drawing names, and finding that perfect gift for each other.
I love being with myfamily. both my own little family, and my extended family. That is now, what brings me the most joy.
I love the Christmas spirit, that the celebration of our Savior Jesus Christ brings.

Here are a few pictures of this most wonderful day!
Our ward does a Christmas Eve breakfast every year.
This year, Santa dropped in for a brief visit
Mia loved Skyler's harry potter glasses, and opening gifts

All the guys got nerf guns. It was full on war at our house. Bullets were flying everywhere.
Who would have thought these "grown" men would have so much fun?

The girls in their reindeer jama pants
Logan made a cloak for Skyler, and got him some harry potter glasses.
The Addis Family

The Mauchs
Logan finally found the pickle... every year, one of he sibs would find it, She was determined to find it this year, and her determination paid off.

Santa came to our house...and stuff to each other.


2 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

:) this just about brought tears to my eyes at 5:30 in the morning. love you so much mom! thanks for making christmas sooo special and memorable for us every year!

Logan said...

Yay for finally finding the pickle! :) And yay for making fun memories have having a blast with my family! Thanks, mom! Love you!