Wednesday, March 17, 2010

cake decorating 101

Nicole decided she wanted to take a cake decorating class. Even though I already decorate cakes to a pretty much amateur level, I thought it would be a fun mother/daughter bonding thing. Besides since I am an employee at Michaels, I can take the class for free. Logan who already took the class a few years ago, thought it sounded fun to join in, and even has her friend Mariane taking it with us. (Kelsey has school that night or she would have joined in the fun, miss ya Kels!)

So with all that said, I made my first cake in the class. It was shall we say... a DISASTER!
It got stuck in the pan, fell apart frosting it, then after getting it to look "Ok" slid in the carrier on the way to class... see Exhibit A.
A:

The finished product (Exhibit B) turned out ok, as long as you look at the other side of the cake. Next week, I am going to make cupcakes and decorate them, because really , how bad can you mess up cupcakes?
B:

3 comments:

joleen said...

It looks awesome to me! My best cake decorating is to stick toys on the cake, so you've got me beat!

Karin said...

That is so fun that you're all doing it together. My teacher dropped my first cake I made and it ended up looking similar to that. I love that you're all doing it together.

Kelsey M. said...

so fun. thanks for missing me, i'm really sad that i cant join in on the fun. your cake looks delicious. love you mom.