Friday, February 12, 2010

Let the games begin!

Whether they are the summer games or the winter games, I love the Olympics! I just finished watching the opening ceremonies, and found my self getting emotional when our athletes came into the the stadium. I feel so proud to be a part of this great nation.
There is just something about the competition of it all, the inspirational stories, all the athletes that worked so hard to get there, and the time it seems to bring the world together for a few brief weeks.
It brought back so many memories of 8 years ago when we had the games here in Salt Lake.
My favorite part of the Olympics is when the U.S.A. wins a gold medal and we get to see our flag raised, and hear our national anthem. So...for the next few weeks I will be glued to the TV. (Yea for DVR)
GO U.S.A.

3 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

:) i love the Olympics too! go team america!

annie said...

I also watched the opening ceremonies. Unfortunately, I took a little snooze in the middle of it and missed the USA coming in. UGH!

Staci said...

Hi Sharon! I also love the Olympics but haven't been able to watch them this year. It might be due to the fact that this past week was the "All-Star" week for the NBA. I really need to start watching though, it also reminds me of when they were here years back and my dad had a blast helping out.

Thanks for your comment, I agree that Kay needs a granddaughter. We'll see, either way we're excited to go through this experience!