Sunday, May 24, 2009

Koster's Rehabilitaion Center

This past week and a half have been sort of crazy here at our house. On the 14th Mark went in for surgery on his hip. He has had problems with it for quite some time. Through an MRI,they found torn cartiledge and tendons in there, so they went in to repair the damage. They had to dis-locate the hip in order to get to the damage. When they got in there, They found a "crater" in his bone, that was causeing the tearing. The cut a section of bone out, filled it with bone wax ( whatever that is) repaired the tears then put it all back together with two long screws. We do have tons of pictures of the surgery. I could scan them in, but I will spare you the grossness. He's as good as new....Well almost. We have 3-4 months of no weight or pressure on the hip. He stayed in the hospital for 3 days, then we brought him home. We moved Skyler's twin bed into the family room, and set up a place for him to rest. We have a home nurse who comes in every few days to check on him as well as a physical therapist.

Kelsey had her gall bladder removed last Tuesday, and joined the make shift hospital room. The funny thing is, Logan came down with strep on Wednesday. Ok, It probably wasn't funny to Logan, but what else could I do but laugh, and say... NEXT!
As I was getting Skyler off to school on Thursday, he said' Mom, Me and you are the only healthy ones in our house!"

The good news is, Logan is much better, and Kelsey is on the mend and doing much better. Mark on the other hand, well if you know Mark, its going to be a loooong summer for all of us.

To view our "hospital room" visit this...
Thanks for the phone calls, visits, and support. Logan for giving Mark his daily shots, Nicole for the "drug runs" to Walgreens, Skyler for retrieving popsicles, Kelsey for being such a great patient, Jody and Katrina at work for being there to get me through my meltdown at work. Chaz for keeping our lawn mowed. How Blessed am I to have such wonderful support!

8 comments:

dana liston said...

I'm glad to hear everyone is recovering. Your family had a hard week. Send Skyler over anytime, we love having him!

Kelsey M. said...

Thanks for taking such great care of me! :) Love you mom.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Sharon- you are a trooper!!

annie said...

Wow. I can't say that I blame you for having a meltdown. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend and that Mark's hip is as good as new! Hang in there.

The Bullocks said...

Holy cow. That sounds crazy. I hope you all are feeling better. I think you deserve a very nice relaxing vacation all by your self, so you can go home and be the nurse again, (If only it was that easy) Katie

Marko said...

Thanks for all your support. Everything is good except for this 18" scar on my leg. Neeto. Maybe I will be walking without assistance by September.
Sooooooo, my summer will be spent in bed. I'm STOKED!!

Brandi said...

Sharon I am so sorry! I thought Brandon leaving me for a week and water pouring through my windows was bad. I can only imagine the stress you must be feeling right now. I hope things recover fast! I also wish I was there to buy you a snicker bar. :)

Mindy Hill said...

I am so sorry I haven't been over...my challenges definitly PALE in comparison, is there ANYTHING we can do for you guys? The kids are home all day and would love a visit from Skyler ANYTIME!